Every day, all day long, people line up to check in somewhere – while visiting an office, at the gym, at the health clinic, at an event. If they’re lucky, an efficient and friendly staff person helps them through the check-in, verifying their identity, registering their car for a parking spot, providing and collecting privacy or security waiver forms, and notifying someone that their visitor has arrived.
If they’re even luckier, all of this can happen with a few taps on a self-service check-in kiosk.
Is your check-in process working?
At a time when even the mattress industry is being disrupted, it’s wise to take a closer look at your check-in process and ask yourself:
- Is this process positive and delightful for my customer?
- Is my process secure?
- Is my process an efficient use of staff time?
- What visitor data am I able to capture?
Technological advances are touching every part of society. The bar is high for customer engagement and for creating a customer experience that reflects well on your brand. Self-service check-in is one way to bring an up-to-date presence to your customer interaction.
Improve the visitor and customer experience.
When visitors and customers engage with a self-service check-in kiosk, your company is setting an expectation of superior experience. This is because the self-service check-in is quick, intuitive and aligns with the experience people have with digital interactions elsewhere throughout their day. We can immediately identify businesses that are lagging behind the times based on how digitally savvy they are. If the very first interaction your customer has exceeds their expectations, you’re already building loyalty and brand affinity.
An automated, secure check-in system.
A check-in kiosk can handle all the expected elements of the process, and then some. Because the visitor or customer is interacting digitally, this is a rich opportunity to include tasks that might otherwise require staff.
A self-service check-in kiosk can handle:
- Registration with name and ID
- Visitor photo
- Parking management
- Security compliance
- Liability waiver signing
- Remote location access
- Sign-in/sign-out for daycare scenarios
- Email and SMS notifications
Multiple integrations for one-touch check-in.
Your self-service check-in scenario might not require the visitor to input information or fill out forms. You might need a one-touch method that takes advantage of integrated technology such as:
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- ID Imaging
Integration with these technologies is quick and easy with a self-service check-in kiosk. We can help connect you with the right platform provider to ensure your specific needs are met.
Self-service check-in thrives across industries.
If there is a need for a visitor check-in, it’s likely a self-service kiosk can take care of it, while delivering a delightful customer experience. We’ve noticed the following industries are taking advantage of this technology with great outcomes:
- Events. Internal, external, single day and multi-day events.
- Enterprise/corporate offices. Security protocols are easy to validate when information is captured digitally.
- Healthcare. Privacy concerns are alleviated when personal data is confined to a digital footprint.
- Athletic clubs. Companies that require waivers, such as rock climbing gyms or sailing excursions.
- Education. Keeping accurate attendance records, as well as securing check-in/check-out for daycare scenarios is simplified.
- Legal. Client check-in, payments and other transactions can happen without staff intervention.
- Logistics. Tracking the comings and goings of people and deliveries can be time-consuming and inaccurate or it can be via self-service check-in kiosk.
- Manufacturing. Security and privacy compliance in one place helps maintain data residency standards.